Ph.D. studies in our Institute are conducted in the form of individual four-year full-time studies carried out under the guidance of a tutor.
- LITHOSPHERIC SEISMICITY,
- THEORETICAL GEOPHYSICS,
- ATMOSPHERIC PHYSICS,
- HYDROLOGY AND HYDRODYNAMICS,
- POLAR AND MARINE RESEARCH,
FORmalities- "Information for candidates"
Classes for Ph.D. students have the form of courses, meetings and field visits. These classes consist of blocks of general courses block, major courses block, training courses developing teaching and processional skills and courses related to teaching methods and methodology of conducting research.
A student admitted to the studies is assigned to a specific scientific department. The specialisation of the research carried out in the department is treated as the future specialisation of the Ph.D. student.
The Ph.D. student’s tutor directs his or her scientific development mainly by:
- determination of the topic of the Ph.D. dissertation and preparation of a detailed timetable of its implementation in conjunction with the student,
- creating the conditions for its implementation,
- consulting methodological and experimental methodological problems arising in the course of work on the dissertation.
Factual supervision over the studies is exercised by the Scientific Board of the Institute of Geophysics. Studies are managed by the Studies’ Supervisor appointed by the Director of the Institute in consultation with the Scientific Board of the Institute of Geophysics and Ph.D. students’ self‑government.
Assoc. prof. MARIUSZ BIAŁECKI- studies' supervisor
tel.: +48 22 6915-698
MGR ANNA ŁUKANOWSKA - administration
tel.: +48 22 6915-981